Are you looking for that flatter tummy? Or a six pack? Are you doing a hundred crunches a day and it’s not working like it said it would in the magazines? You can not spot reduce fat in one area of the body so try these simple steps to achieve flat abs.
- Eat more often, smaller meals interspersed with snacks will boost your metabolism.
- Eat fewer calories, don’t go on a crazy diet, just reduce your calorie intake by about 2-300 calories a day.
- Eat loads of fruit and vegetables with lots of fiber.
- Eat protein with every meal – it helps you burn fat more efficiently.
- Eat a good dietary fat with every meal such as olive oil, salmon or avocado – it oxygenates your body and helps you burn more fat.
- Choose unprocessed carbohydrates such as vegetables, fruit, oats and sweet potato, over processed carbs such as pasta, bread and cereal.
- Drink more water – sometimes hunger pangs are your body´s plea for water, and you transport fat from the cells more efficiently when you are hydrated.
- Cardiovascular exercise, with a variety of intensity, at least 3 days a week for 30-60 minutes.
- Be patient, it usually takes years to gain an expanded waistline, it will take you at least a quarter of that time to lose it again!
- Think about your whole lifestyle – healthy diet, exercise, and looking after the body and mind.
- Resistance or weight training – target different muscle groups 2-3 times a week – focus on the big muscles, and enjoy the after burn effect increasing the bodies calorie burn for up to 72 hours post exercise.
- Work the whole core – not just the abdominals, don’t forget the transverse abs, oblique’s and postural muscles.
- We all store fat differently – you may take longer than others to lose it around your midriff.
- Minimise stress and maintain sufficient sleep levels, at least 8 hours a night
Try our Grokker 7 minute total body HIIT to burn fat and tone muscle : USE CODE paceandgo99 for our online discount
With 7 min HIIT Abs to tone the midsection: